Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: Cometbus #54 - In China With Green Day

In China With Green Day (Cometbus #54)In China With Green Day by Aaron Cometbus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Unlike anything about Green Day I can remember reading before.

Though there were times where I wanted to tell the author "wait, go back, I want to hear about that other thing!" he also managed to really take me with him on a sometimes nostalgic, sometimes frustrated, emotional journey.

Without getting into too much of spoiler territory I will just say that by chapter 20 I had a lump in my throat.

"Seeing them up close made me forget the cultural behemoth that they had become. Seeing them from afar made it easy to forget that they were human too." This, I think, is a quote that will stand out for me as I think about this zine later - and one which gives you a hint of what sort of story Aaron Cometbus ends up telling in its pages.

If you love Green Day... Not if you thinks they are ok, but if you really love them. And especially if you have been through a lot with them as a fan, I could not more highly recommend this to you. I am so happy to have read it.

View all my reviews