Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Links o' the week

Purely for fun. From a recent photoshoot at their Oakland studio. Do you think he knows he's a rock star?


Weekly Immigration Wire

The American GLBT Community Needs to Look Northward

Public Comment Period On Repealing Bush's HHS Regulations Until April 9

Traffic Stop Leads to Police Brutality

Paper Dolls
Paper Dolls is the 2005 award winning documentary film by Tomer Heymann about a group of transpinays in Israel.


Femme Or Die

Justice For the Women of Atenco

Food and Life

Look Twice
I’m not telling it because I am proud of myself.

I am telling it because between those two looks—when I looked at him as he was strangling me, and when he looked away to check if there were cops on the platform—there is a story about race in America.


Bromances and Masculinity

Cool Blocked Call Software

Fans Condemn Racial Bias in "Yellowface" Casting of "The Last Airbender"

Courts Inch Us A Step Closer to Legal Religious Entheogens

"She Doesn't Look Native!"

The Obama's Plant a Garden

Queer is a State of Mind

When a Man is the Victim: A Second Study in Rape Apology

Homophobia and Racism: The Failed Policy of Ranking Oppressions

Black People More Homophobic? You're Kidding, Right?

Marry Me Because I'm Asian?

Rethinking Walking; bfp

I Was Followed, Harassed, And Ambushed By Bill O’Reilly’s Producer

Walmart Rehearing has Major Implications

Playing Politics With Infanticide

Faith Based Pondering

What’s (radical) love got to do with it? Everything.

Rihanna Is Erased by DoSomething.org

Gainesville, FL Residents Defeat Anti GLBT Amendment 1

Death Penalty Is Repealed in New Mexico

Israel denounces soldiers’ T-shirts
Israel’s military condemned soldiers for wearing T-shirts showing a pregnant woman in a rifle’s cross-hairs with the slogan “1 Shot 2 Kills,” and another showing a gun-toting child with the words, “The smaller they are, the harder it is.”

I think I might be sick...

Domestic Violence In The Military

Notes from a bitch - nutrition...

Via
Reclamation
In short: I'm someone to be rescued and when I refuse to be rescued, I'm someone to be reviled and hated.



At the end, I want to call your attention to a new blog that I am just loving, and if you like art, you will probably love too. Women Painting Women. If you follow my Tumblr account, you've been seeing quite a few pieces from this site this week.