Sunday, November 02, 2008

Feliz Dia de los Muertos

Para mi abuela Glo.



I wish I could show you a picture of my altar, but I can't find the cord that connects my camera to my computer for upload. Needless to say I have been burning incense every night for the last three nights and have a small food offering in my goddess bowl/incense holder pictured here. Also pictured are my smudging wands, two rune stones my husband and I received at my first public Samhain and the bowl of crystals and stones which our wedding guests held and infused with well wishes during our ceremony.

Each corner is dedicated to the Element roughly coordinated to the direction they inhabit, and at the back I have a white goddess candle with an essential oil blend for Spirit and a black god candle with a blend for Protection, as well as a green and gold mask my husband bought me for our anniversary. On the front but out of the picture I have a small gold plated tree of life with my birthstone dotted in the branches (peridot), and a small silver box inherited de mi abuela which contains a cross she got from her grandmother I believe, a rose petal from her passing on ceremony and a small angel with a peridot on her (also grandma's birthstone). I also have in the middle, stone sun and a moon which I inherited from her and a wood rosary I got when we met her brother in Mexico.

3 comments:

  1. I am in love w/ that incense holder! It's beautiful!

    I found out just b/f Samhain that a lot of my stuff is missing or damaged after my move-a-palooza this last year. Hopefully, once we move to Korea and have our own place I will be able to remedy that. Luckily, I still have my athame, which I love, and I got a nice cauldron from my friend for last Yule.

    Thank-you for sharing!

    Blessings to you!
    )O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it searching for "goddess incense holder" on ebay!

    Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I also have a wooden rosary, left to me by a neighbor who died. Her husband brought it to me; it was from Notre Dame in Montreal, one of my prized spiritual possessions.

    I also wear a peridot every day, that belonged to my grandmother, Daisy. (from whom I get the name)

    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully