Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Cult of I"

We have become indoctrinated with a false sense of entitlement as a way of justifying this soulless system. I worked hard to get where I am, why should I be penalized for this. It's not my fault third world nations are so poor they should do something about their government. I don't give money to the homeless because they will probably spend it on booze. It's not my child why should my tax dollars go to support her or him? There are jobs out there, people just don't want to work.

Value judgements and justifications are the rule of the day. To face the ugly truth of the system that we are forced to endure would mean realizing its predatory nature. The cult of I envisions the world through rose coloured glasses never recognizing that someone elses tragedy could befall us tomorrow. This blind faith in a system that has repeatedly proven that each and every single person is disposable, is the height of human avarice. It is a disgrace to the potential of humanity.


Wow, just wow. Some great thoughts and a topic I've been thinking a lot about of late.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, excellent topic :-) Where my mind tends to wander is in the direction of wondering whether this system is actually sentient, even if on a collective basis. I also wonder whether or not the system has learned to perpetuate itself by promoting things like the cult of I.

    ReplyDelete

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully