Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Power

HellOn Hairy Legs had a post a while ago that I meant to expand on drawing from my own life experience. But you know, it's really pretty corollary to my life already.

I watched talented and ambitious boys be taught how to earn power as I was taught to seduce for it. I was taught I could be powerful through a man, that I could control them with a flick of the lid and an exacting amount of cleavage.

Power through one remove is hardly power, and relegates women to a second tier even if we are successful in our snares. This power is also used as bait, baiting us to continue in our search for the beauty ideal. It can be used as a thin shield for men to hide behind, because aren’t they just helpless beings who are under our control?


I cannot tell you how many times I have heard this used to show "how powerful women are". Gods, fuck that bullshit obliviousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatsername reserves the right to delete your comment if you choose to act like an asshole, so please engage respectfully